//* the present behavior *//
The current Guardium S-TAP for Db2 on z/OS V10.1.3 does not support older OS (like z/OS V2.1) and Db2 that became to be EOS. And the same as V11.
Here are the description in the two documents.
(1) S-TAP for z/OS V10.1.3 User's Guide
Collector agent requirements
・Db2 Version 11 or later, until end of service.
・z/OS Version 2 Release 2 or later, until end of service.
(2) System Requirements/ Platforms supported for IBM Guardium V10.0 and V10.1.x
End of Service
Guardium supports database and operating system versions up to their End-of-Service (EOS), Premier, or Mainstream support end dates.
The product policy is "not support operating systems that have become EOS".
Suppose that some middlewares running on z/OS had the same stance.
- Then users would have to upgrade their z/OS very precisely to catch up with the support period because the middleware might not work normally on the "EOSed" z/OS.
- Users who can't do that can no longer apply PTFs for that middleware shipped after z/OS's EOS date because the PTFs might prevent the middleware from working properly.
- This situation does not change even if the users have an extended support contract for the EOSed z/OS.
//* new behavoir *//
In newer version/releae of Guardium S-TAP for Db2 on z/OS would also support such "older" z/OS and database version/release. If it could be, most z/OS users, especially in Japan and so on, wil lbe very releafed because there are no anxiety about running on older z/OS and Db2. They also have a plan to upgrade their z/OS and Db2, but they are rather minute and cautious to do that.
Do not place IBM confidential, company confidential, or personal information into any field.